Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fancy adventure: Barrington Tops {part one}


During the Christmas/NewYear holidays, Mat and I took another small trip to Barrington Tops. It is about four and a half hour drive from Sydney and easily one of my most favourite weekend getaway spots ever. 

For this trip, I cleaned up my dusty analogue Minolta and took it out for a spin. I wasn't sure whether it can still take good pictures but was really surprised when the photos came back better than I imagained. Other than a few fuzzy night shots, everything was perfect. I love looking through the analogue viewfinder, it is so different to a digital and to me so much more easier to use when composing a picture. The images has such warmth and depth to them which I believe is very difficult to capture with digital. It is not a cheap hobby, but will definitely experiment more with film photography in the future.

Super friendly wallaby, he was greeting us the moment we arrived.

The view from our balcony. Love to wake up to this every morning.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, you just can't get the same warmth with digital, Great photos - looks like a fab holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...